Baked Recipes: Baking is an excellent alternative to eat healthily and with all the flavor. And contrary to popular belief, it doesn’t have to be massive.
1. Vegetable Coke
Baking is considered one of the easiest, healthiest, and tastiest cooking techniques because it helps preserve all juices and, once you put things in the oven, they practically cook on their own. Furthermore, contrary to popular belief, it does not have to be very caloric. This delicious coca is made in three-quarters of an hour and has 355 calories per serving.
For 4 people: 90 ml of beer | 310 g of flour | 1 red pepper | 1 chive | 1 green pepper | 6 anchovies in oil | some green olives | olive oil and salt.
Step by Step
- Mix the beer with 90 ml of oil and salt. Add 300 g of flour, little by little, and work the mixture until you get a soft dough. Shape it into a ball, cover it, and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180º. Clean the bell peppers and chives, wash them, and cut them into wide strips lengthwise. Flour the work surface and spread the dough on it, giving it a rectangular shape.
- Distribute the chopped vegetables on the dough, alternating them. Season and season with a few drops of oil.
- Cover the oven rack with baking paper, place the coke on top, and cook for about 25 minutes. Remove it and serve it decorated with the anchovies and some drained olives.
Other options. It is also rich with canned sardines, canned tuna or roasted vegetables or escalades; And if you are looking for a vegetarian recipe, you can make it only with vegetables, or with cheese or boiled egg instead of anchovies.
2. Baked Chicken
In just over an hour, you can have this roast chicken, with 430 calories per serving. As while cooking you do not have to keep an eye on the stove, it is a very suitable dish for family gatherings, or it is also perfect if you want to put on a batch cooking plan (cook 1 day at a time, so you do not have to do the rest of the week).
For 4 people: 1 chicken | 6 garlic cloves | 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder | 1 tablespoon of olive oil | 1 small onion | 200 ml chicken broth | salt.
Step by Step
- Wash the chicken, pat dry, and season. Peel 2 garlic cloves and mince them. Mix them with the oil, rub the meat with this preparation, and then sprinkle with the cinnamon. Wash the rest of the garlic cloves and insert them into the chicken.
- Peel the onion and chop it. Also, introduce it into the chicken and tie the legs with kitchen wire. Grill it, in the oven preheated to 200º, 25 minutes. Water it with the hot broth and continue cooking for 25 minutes.
- Remove it from the oven, recover the cooking juice, and bring it to a boil. Let cook until it thickens slightly. Remove the string from the chicken and serve with the sauce.
How to lighten it. The most basic trick is to grill it with the skin to give it flavor and preserve all its juices, but then remove it, since there is the highest fat concentration.
3. Grilled Sardines
Roasted sardines are one of the tastiest baked recipes. Here we have baked them with vegetables. They are made in 45 minutes and have 330 calories per serving.
For 4 people: 16 clean and headless sardines | 2 onions | 1 roasted bell pepper | 1 red pepper | 1 green pepper | 1 clove of garlic | 6 potatoes | 3 tablespoons of black olives | 1 sprig of thyme | sherry vinegar | olive oil | pepper | salt.
Step by Step
- Peel the garlic, chop it and mash it with the roasted pepper, a few leaves of thyme, salt, 1 tablespoon of vinegar, and 3 tablespoons of oil until you get a cream.
- Peel the potatoes and wash them. Clean the onions and peppers and remove the latter. Cut everything into thin slices and simmer 15 minutes in a pan with 200 ml of oil. Drain the preparation.
- Preheat the oven to 200º. Spread the potatoes and the fried vegetables in the bottom of a refractory dish. Season them with salt and pepper and spread the sardines, washed, dried, and seasoned, and the olives cut into slices.
- Pour the pepper cream on top and roast them for 12 minutes. Sprinkle with thyme, washed and dried, and serve.
Another presentation. Place the sardines without a thorn and open, forming a fan. In that case, roast them only 10 minutes.
4. Stuffed Eggplant
Eggplants are vegetables that best fit in baked recipes because they have tough skin and won’t crumble. Instead of filling them with minced meat, we have done it with mushrooms, which have very few calories and a lot of fiber. Each serving has 250 calories.
For 4 people: 4 aubergines | 200 g of manchego cheese | 250 g of mushrooms | 1 onion | 1 tomato | 2 cloves of garlic | 25 g of butter | 25 g of flour | 250 ml of milk | olive oil | pepper and salt.
Step by Step
- Wash the eggplants and cut them in half lengthwise. Make some cuts on the surface, season them and water them with a jet of oil. Cook them for 20 minutes in the oven at 180º.
- Peel the onion and garlic, chop them and poach them with oil. Peel the tomato, cut it, and add it. Saute for a few moments and add the clean and chopped mushrooms. Cook everything together for 4 minutes.
- Remove the pulp from the eggplants, chop it and add it. Stir and fill the eggplants with the mixture.
- Toast the flour in the melted butter. Pour the milk on a string, salt, and pepper and cook until it thickens.
- Cover the aubergines with the bechamel sauce and the grated cheese and gratinate for 4 minutes at 180º.
Lighter. If you want to reduce calories, make the bechamel with skim milk or vegetable broth.
5. Roasted Rabbit
The rabbit is another of the meats that are very delicious roasted in the oven and, also, it has very few calories. Here we have combined it with an Ibizan salad, but you can accompany it with any salad. It has 306 calories per serving.
For 4 people: 1 rabbit cut into quarters | 4 cloves of garlic | white wine | 3 tomatoes | 4 slices of hard bread | ½ fuet | 150 g of cherry tomatoes | 2 chives | 50 g of green and black olives | rosemary | thyme | olive oil | vinegar | pepper, and salt.
Step by Step
- Peel the garlic, reserve 2, and mash the rest. Mix them with 2 tablespoons of oil, 100 ml of wine, and some washed thyme and rosemary leaves.
- Clean the rabbit and wash it. Season with salt and pepper and leave to marinate in the previous mixture for about 15 minutes. Transfer it to the plate with the mash and roast it for 25 or 30 minutes in the oven preheated to 200º.
- Dice the bread and mix it with the washed and grated tomatoes. Wash and cut the cherry into wedges. Cut the fuet into slices. Remove the germ from the reserved garlic and chop them.
- Clean, wash, and chop the chives. Mix everything with the drained and halved olives and season with oil, vinegar, and salt. Serve with the rabbit.
Without alcohol. You can also marinate it with a tablespoon of mustard and three tablespoons of soy sauce instead of wine.
6. Baked Fish
Large, firm-meat fish fit perfectly into baked recipes. We have opted for individual sea bass for this recipe of 320 calories per serving, but you can make the same recipe with other cheaper fish: hake, cod, trout You have it ready in just over half an hour.
For 4 people: 4 ration sea bass (or a large hake) | 400 g of cockles | 1 onion | 1 leek | ½ red pepper | 2 cloves of garlic | 4 medium potatoes | 250 ml of Albarino wine | a pinch of chives | 1 bay leaf | olive oil | pepper and salt.
Step by Step
- Peel the onion, clean and wash the leek and pepper and chop everything. Crush the unpeeled garlic and put it in a pan with 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Add the drained cockles, cover and steam 3 minutes.
- In another skillet with 2 tablespoons of oil, saute the vegetables and the bay leaf for 5 minutes. Pour in the wine and juice of the cockles, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Remove the laurel and go through the Chinese.
- Preheat the oven to 200º. Peel the potatoes, wash them, cut them into slices and spread them on the plate.
- Drizzle with oil, salt, and pepper, and bake 5 minutes. Place the seasoned fish and cook 5 minutes more.
- Add the sauce over the fish and bake another 5 minutes. Serve with the potatoes, cockles, and chopped chives.
Crispier potatoes. Cut them into thicker slices and fry them a little before baking.
7. Vegetable Musaka
In about an hour, you can have this delicious traditional dish ready with 418 calories per serving.
For 4 people: 2 aubergines | 2 zucchini | 400 g of crushed tomato | 2 eggs | 1 onion | 300 ml of yogurt | 200 g grated Parmesan cheese | 2 teaspoons of dried oregano | olive oil and salt.
Step by Step
- Blunt the aubergines and zucchini. Wash them, dry them, and cut them into slices.
- Place them on the plate watered with a thread of oil and roast them 15 minutes in the oven preheated to 200º.
- Peel the onion, chop it and saute it in a frying pan with a thread of oil until it is tender.
- Add the tomato, oregano, and salt, and continue cooking for 10 more minutes.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl. Add the yogurt and parmesan, and stir with the rods until a homogeneous mixture is obtained.
- Grease a rectangular mold with oil and fill it with layers of eggplant, zucchini and tomato sauce, alternating them
- Finish with an eggplant; add the yogurt cream, and bake the moussaka 15 minutes at 200º.
- Gratin for 5 minutes, let it rest for a moment and serve.
Lighter. Dispense the yogurt and parmesan cream and top it with homemade tomato sauce instead.
8. Oven-roasted Lamb
Another oven-baked finger-lick recipe is oven-roasted lamb. This has 460 calories per serving. To give it a super tasty sweet touch, we have roasted it with honey.
For 4 people: 4 small lamb shoulder sticks | 4 potatoes | 250 g of chilies | 4 cloves of garlic | 1 lemon | 4 tablespoons of honey | 1 glass of white wine | 1 sprig of thyme | virgin olive oil | pepper and salt.
Step by Step
- Season with salt and pepper. Wash the potatoes, without peeling them, dry them, and cut them into wedges. Peel the chops and cut them in half.
- Preheat the oven to the maximum temperature (around 250º). Peel the garlic and chop it. Mix them with the squeezed lemon and honey.
- Arrange the shoulders on the oven plate, water them with a thread of oil and roast them 6 or 8 minutes, until golden.
- Remove the plate and add the potatoes, the washed thyme, the steps, and the wine. Spread them with the honey, garlic, and lemon mash, and bake them for 1 hour at 160º.
- Serve the lamb right away, accompanied by the potatoes and the steps, and washed down with the cooking juices.
More golden. If the lamb has not browned enough, remove the garnish and cook for about 5 minutes.
9. Onions Stuffed With Tuna
In no more than 1 hour and a half, you have this baked recipe ready with 370 calories per serving.
For 4 people: 8 onions | 2 eggs | 250 g of tuna in brine | 250 g roasted bell peppers | 300 ml of homemade fried tomato | 2 cloves of garlic | 200 ml of fish broth | thyme | olive oil | pepper and salt.
Step by Step
- Cook the eggs in salted water for 10 minutes. Refresh them with cold water, peel and chop them.
- Peel the garlic and clean the peppers; itch both.
- Peel the onions and empty them a little. Chop the extracted part and poach it 15 minutes in a thread of oil.
- Add half the bell peppers and garlic, and saute 3 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the tomato sauce and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain the tuna and mix it with half the sauce, the eggs, and the remaining bell peppers and garlic.
- Fill the onions with this mixture and bake them for 1 hour at 180º with the remaining sauce and the broth.
- Garnish with the washed and chopped thyme and serve.
Other ideas. With the same filling, you can fill other vegetables: zucchini, potatoes.
10. Eggplant Cannelloni
They are simply delicious, they have 380 calories, and they are made in an hour and a half or so.
For 4 people: 2 aubergines | 2 onions | 1 red pepper | 1 garlic | 650 g minced meat (half veal and half pork) | 500 ml of bechamel (here is the recipe) | 400 g of crushed tomato | 100 g of grated cheese | parsley | olive oil | pepper and salt.
Step by Step
- Peel the onions and garlic. Wash the parsley and bell pepper, and clean the latter. Chop everything.
- Saute the onions in a saucepan with 3 tablespoons of oil. Add the bell pepper and garlic.
- Cook 5 minutes, add the meat and parsley and continue cooking for 10 minutes, stirring.
- Pour the crushed tomato, salt, and pepper and cook 10 minutes.
- Wash the eggplants and cut them into thin slices. Brown them 2 minutes on each side in a pan with a few drops of oil. Season them and reserve them.
- Spread the meat stuffing over the eggplant slices and roll them up.
- Arrange them in a refractory dish smeared with oil and cover with the bechamel.
- Sprinkle with cheese and gratin until golden.
Alternatives. Instead of eggplant, you can also do it with zucchini.