Chicken lollipop usually is prepared to utilize the middle segment of the chicken wings or thighs. The centre segment has one of the two bones removed, and the flesh on the parts is forced to one end of the bone.
These are then covered in a spicy red batter whose main ingredients include red chilli powder, and turmeric. Chicken Lollipop is one of the prominent and famous Chicken appetizers in restaurants. The folded chicken pieces get marinated in a spicy combination; then we deep fry them.
Every Chicken piece looks like a Lollipop after folding the meat, which is why its called Chicken Lollipop. It’s not at sweet, preferably a spicy and delicious appetizer.
This Recipe Can Be Divided Into the Following Parts.
Chicken Lollipop Dry:
This is the famous version of the chicken lollipop, where batter marinated chicken lollipops are deep-fried till crisp golden. These are commonly served as an appetizer. They are crispy from outside, soft and juicy from inside.
Masala Chicken Lollipop:
In this variant, fried chicken lollipops are stir-fried with onion, ginger, garlic, chilly sauce, Soya sauce and Schezwan sauce. These lollipops are saucy or Masaledar. It can also be stir-fried with Schezwan sauce to make Schezwan chicken lollipop.
Chicken Lollipop Gravy:
Dry chicken lollipops are stir-fried with onion, ginger, garlic, nippy sauce, soya sauce and Schezwan sauce. Water is added to make the sauce and cornflour slurry to stiffen the sauce. It is supplied as a side dish with fried rice and spaghetti.
2. Which Part of the Chicken is used to Make a Chicken Lollipop
These are made from drumettes and wingettes part of chicken wings. There are 2 wings in a chicken, and from them, you can make 4 chicken lollipops—2 from Drumettes parts and 2 from Wingettes parts. The chicken lollipops made utilizing Drumettes part is enormous, whereas that from Wingettes part is little in size.
Health Benefits of Chicken Lollipop:
- Secures your immunity and vision
- Synthesizing the red blood cells
- Protects from plague and chronic illness
- Effectiveness for Athletes
Chicken is an acceptable source of protein which is low in fat and many different types of meat; fried chicken is not advisable to your health. Frequent eating fried chickens create obesity. It’sIt’s advisable to avoid fried chickens for people who are in a plan to lose weight.
3. How to Cut Chicken Lollipop Wings
- Chicken wings have three sections. The top one is called Drumettes, the centre one is called Wingettes, and the final one is its tips.
- Drumettes and Wingettes parts are utilaized to make lollipops.
- You require to grip the Drumettes and Wingettes part and twist at their joint and push the bone upward.
- One bone will come out by piercing the skin of the wing. Now slice the connection part of Drumette and Wingette.
- Then hold the Drumette part and press the meat descending to give lollipop appearance.
- Now we have wingette and tip bit of the wing. Also, bend their joint pushing upwards the Wingette part.
- Two little bones will come out from their joint.
- Now eliminate the thin bone and cut the tip of the wing.
- Depress the meat downwards to the tip of the leftover bone and give a lollipop shape.
- This is the necessary process of making lollipops from wings. You can do with some practice.
4. How to Chicken Lollipop Made at Home
- 500 grams Chicken lollipop
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic paste
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Cornflour
- 2 tbsp All-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp Rice flour
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Ginger paste
- Oil for frying
- Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, tomato ketchup, red chilli powder, garlic glue, salt in a bowl and toss the chicken lollipops in it—marinate for 30 minutes.
- In the same dish, add cornflour, all-purpose flour, rice flour, egg and ginger paste and blend well to make a thick batter and coat the lollipops in it.
- Heat about two inches oil in a kadhai to 350F/ 176C. Add on the battered lollipops one by one to the oil in like so that the meat is at the base and the bone is on top.
- Fry these on medium-high warmth till golden brown – about 3-5 minutes.
- Grasp these out on a tissue paper to blot out some surplus oil and serve hot with Schezwan sauce.
Calories: 169kcal | monosaccharide: 12g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 71mg | Sodium: 737mg | Potassium: 172mg | Fiber: 1g | Maltose: 1g | Vitamin A: 493IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg
5. Restaurant Style Recipe
- Chicken Lollipop – 12 pieces
- Oil for Deep Frying
- Red Chilli Paste – 1 tbsp ( I ground 3 dry red chillies with water)
- Ginger Paste – 1 tbsp
- Garlic Paste – 1 tbsp
- Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
- Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Soya Sauce – 1 tbsp
- White Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Tomato ketchup – 3 tbsp
- Cornflour / Cornstarch – 3 tbsp
- All-Purpose Flour / Maida – 3 tbsp
- Ajinomoto a pinch-optional
- Mix chicken lollipop with all the immerse ingredients except cornflour and maida. Stay aside for half-hour.
- Now include cornflour and maida. Mix well.
- Heat oil for deep frying. Once the oil is heat, Drop chicken in hot oil, stew the flame and cook on low
- warmth for 10 mins till the chicken is made, Now increase the heat and fry the chicken on top heat for 5 mins or till the chicken get crispy and cooked.
- Drain and serve.