French Toast Recipe: With a few ingredients and zero difficulties, you can make a dessert that is to lick your fingers.
French toast, like rice pudding, pancakes or crepes, is one of the traditional sweets that are in the top ten of easy desserts because, in addition to having no complications, they are made with essential ingredients that everyone has in the pantry: bread, milk, eggs, sugar, and oil.
1. The Classic French Toast Recipe in Detail
Ingredients: 250 ml of whole milk | ½ of bread from the previous day | 1 tablespoon of sugar | 1 egg | 1 cinnamon stick | honey | sunflower oil.
How to Do Them Step by Step
- Heat the milk and sugar together with the cinnamon. When it starts to boil, cook 3 or 4 minutes on low heat.
- Please turn it off and let it sit until it cools so that it picks up cinnamon’s aroma.
- Cut the bread into slices about 2 centimeters thick or so and place them on a large and deep plate.
- Pour the milk on top and let it rest for a few minutes to soak thoroughly, but taking care that they do not soften too much.
- Beat the egg, then heat a skillet with plenty of sunflower oil.
- Slightly drain the slices of bread, pass them through the beaten egg and fry them for about 3 or 4 minutes.
- Remove and let them rest on absorbent paper to remove excess oil.
How to lighten them. Instead of frying them, cook them for 20 minutes in the oven preheated to 180 °.
2. Torrijas: Ideas to Get the Most Out of Them
- Better than the bread is from the previous day so that it is not soft and does not fall apart.
- Instead of bread, they can be made with a sponge cake or a plum cake left dry.
- The classic decoration is with honey on top or batters them with a mixture of cinnamon powder and sugar when they are still warm.
- Another delicious way to present them is to dip them halfway in melted chocolate and eat them when they are already cold, and the chocolate has solidified.
- You can also put pastry or chocolate cream on top and decorate them with red berries, nuts, or burnt sugar.