A great ingredient to build on for fast dinners, ground lamb Recipes is too simple to work with and super versatile. It makes delightful kebabs, burgers, meatballs, and casseroles and lends itself well to Greek and Indian flavours.
Here is an assortment of our favourite delicious ground lamb recipes that are sure to please. These dishes incorporate Mediterranean style dishes, and spices like cumin truly bring out the savoury flavour.
1. What is Ground Lamb?
Ground Lamb is ground lamb meat, ordinarily from the shank and neck just as trimmings from the breast, flank, leg, loin, rib, or shoulder.
What Does Ground Lamb Taste Like?
Lamb has an extraordinary, meaty flavour – a more robust flavour than beef. It truly has a distinctive taste dissimilar to whatever else. A few people would call it gamey, but not in an annoying way.
What Spices and Herbs Go Finest With Lamb?
The exemplary herb to mix with lamb is mint. However, lamb is utilized in a wide range of cuisines. It is a favourite choice in Middle Eastern and Mediterranean foods. Since of that, I decided to use the identical spices in Grilled Lamb Kofta Kebabs. In that recipe, I used paprika and red pepper flakes. likewise added allspice and ground ginger
2. Mediterranean Lamb Bowls
These Mediterranean Lamb Bowls are a healthy and straightforward ground lamb recipe with intriguing Mediterranean flavours to spice up dinner any nighttime of the week!
a. For Spiced Ground Lamb Recipes
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely diced onion
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped plus more for garnish
- 1 cup Turmeric Rice or other rice of choice
- Spiced Ground Lamb
- 1 tomato diced
- One cucumber peeled and diced
- 1 cup hummus homemade or store-bought
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 2 pita bread optional, for serving
b. Instructions to Make The Spiced Ground Lamb Recipes
- Heat a vast saute pan over medium warmth. Add olive oil.
- While the oil is hot, add onions and garlic. Fry all over 4 to 5 minutes, until starting to ease.
- Add ground lamb. Brown lamb until cooked through.
- Add paprika, allspice, red pepper flakes, ginger, salt and pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined, cook for
- 1-2 minutes. Eliminate from heat and stir in fresh herbs.
To Assemble Bowls
In a bowl, layer Turmeric Rice, then top with a portion of the spiced ground lamb, tomatoes, cucumbers, hummus and feta. Sprinkle with more fresh mint and parsley whenever desired.
Nutrition Spiced Ground Lamb Recipes
Calories: 719kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 34g | Fat: 46g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 118mg | Sodium: 968mg | Potassium: 741mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1265IU | Vitamin C: 16.2mg | Calcium: 291mg | Iron: 4.9mg
3. Ground Lamb Recipes
If you’ve never cooked with ground lamb before, these recipes will change your game for good. It’s the ideal simple-to-use substitute when you’re feeling exhausted of ground beef or turkey and can be utilized in tons of ways—in Mediterranean dishes like gyros and kabobs or speedy, simple dinners like a lamb and eggplant skillet. And good news: it’s likewise affordable meat!
Rosemary Garlic Potatoes and Ground Lamb Recipes
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 1 pound(0.454 kg) ground lamb
- 3 (rust) potatoes, hack into ½ to 1-inch cubes
- One onion, chip
- 1 Serrano pepper, minced
- 5 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced rosemary (fresh)
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt, adjust to taste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of paprika
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric Powder
- Heat oil in a big skillet or a dutch oven/heavy-bottomed pot over medium warmth, then add on the ground lamb, potatoes, onion and Serrano pepper and prepare for 10 minutes.
- The meat should be browned entirely.
- Add on the garlic, rosemary, salt, pepper and stir-fry for around 1-2 minutes.
- Cover with a top lid for 2-3 minutes or till the potatoes are cooked through.
- Add the paprika and turmeric and blend well.
- You can strip the potatoes or leave them unpeeled. It’s delicious whichever way.
4. Ground Lamb and Shallot Kebabs With Pomegranate Fruit Molasses
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of newly ground black pepper
- 1 pound of ground lamb
- 12 large shallots—peel off, halved lengthwise, and root ends trimmed but kept intact
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup of water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1 tablespoon of chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Warm pita bread, for serving
Light a barbecue. In a medium bowl, gently knead the creme fraiche, garlic, salt and pepper into the ground lamb. Using moistened hands, roll the ground lamb blend into 16 balls. On every 8 short metal skewers (10 inches or less), substitute Three shallot halves with two lamb balls.
Whisk the shish kebabs with the olive oil and barbecue over reasonably high heat, turning once, until browned outwardly (but not cooked through), around 3 minutes.
Transfer the kebabs to an exceptionally huge (12 to 14 inches), deep skillet. Add the water, 1 tsp of the pomegranate molasses and the lemon juice; heat to boiling point. Shield and simmer gently over low heat until the shallots are very tender and the meatballs are cooked for around 30 minutes.
Uncover and increase the heat to high. Add the excess 1/2 teaspoon of pomegranate molasses and cook, occasionally basting, until the meatballs and shallots are glazed for about 5 minutes.
Shift the kebabs to a platter and sprinkle with any remaining sauce. Decorate with the scallions and parsley and serve with hot pita bread.
The fruity coating on these kebabs is echoed pleasantly by a ripe Southern Italian red like Primitivo, which grows basically in the fertile vineyards of Apulia.
5. Keto-friendly Ground Lamb Recipes
Lamb is an excellent source of healthy fats and high-quality protein, just as various vitamins and minerals. On top of that, it has no carbs! Here’s one of our Keto-friendly, low-carb Ground Lamb recipes:
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) orange juice*
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lime juice*
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2 tsp (10 mL) packed brown sugar*
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dried oregano
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper
- 4 SunGold Bone-in Lamb Leg Steaks
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) cumin
- Pinch each salt and pepper
Whisk together squeezed orange, lime juice, cilantro, garlic, jalapeno, brown sugar, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper; pour over lamb in a non-metallic container or resealable plastic bag. Cover or seal; refrigerate lamb for at least 4 hours or as long as 6 hours.
Preheat roast to medium-high heat; grease grate well. Barbecue steaks, turning once, for around 8 minutes for medium-rare or until desired doneness.
Avocado Salsa: Meanwhile, combine avocado, red onion, lime juice, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper. Serve with steaks.
Tip: Rather than the salsa, serve the ground Lamb Recipes with avocado with a squeeze of lime and chopped cilantro whenever desired.