Rice With Vegetables: Discover how to make rice with vegetables and the most sought after versions and all the tricks to take advantage of it.
1. The Basic Recipe
Here is the typical rice recipe with vegetables: in paella and peppers, green beans, and peas. But, as you will see below, there are many versions, and it serves as the basis for many other recipes for rice or salads.
Ingredients: 350 g of Bomba rice | 1 ½ l of vegetable broth | 1 red pepper | 1 green pepper | 3 tomatoes | 80 g of green beans | 50 g of frozen peas | 1 clove of garlic | rosemary | paprika | white wine | olive oil | salt.
How to Do It Step by Step
- Heat the broth. Wash the peppers and green beans. Clean both and cut the first into cubes and chop the second. And peel and mince the garlic.
- Heat three tablespoons of oil in a paella pan. Saute the garlic for half a minute and add the peppers. Continue cooking over medium heat for 5 minutes, until they start to brown.
- Wash the tomatoes, cut them in half, and grate them. Add them to the sauce along with the beans and a sprig of washed rosemary. Season, cover, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Water with half a glass of wine and let it evaporate. Stir in the peas, rice, and half a teaspoon of the paprika. Toast the rice for a couple of minutes, stirring frequently, and cover with the boiling vegetable broth.
- Adjust the salt and cook for 18 minutes, over low heat, and without stirring. During cooking, shake the paella from time to time, holding it by the handles, so that the rice does not stick.
- Please turn off the heat, cover, and let it rest for a few minutes before serving.
- An original touch. To give it a unique flavor, you can add a handful of currants and peas and rice. It gives you a sweet spot that suits you super well.
2. Rice With Vegetables and Artichokes
It is also delicious with artichokes. You can add them along with the peppers. To prepare, remove some of the outer leaves, cut off the stem’s tip and base, cut into 8 pieces, and wash.
So that the artichokes do not oxidize, while you are not using them, immerse them in the water with lemon. Discover more recipes with artichokes.
3. Soupy Rice With Vegetables
If you don’t like it to be so dry, as is usually done in paella, you also can make it soupy.
To make it soupy, make the sauce in a deep saucepan, add a little more broth, let it cook for about 25 minutes covered over low heat (the time may vary depending on the type of rice you use), and serve it immediately on plates deep; don’t let it rest.
4. Rice With Vegetables and Chicken
Another very typical recipe for rice with vegetables is with chicken. This way, it serves as a unique dish and, by adding protein, you make it a very satisfying recipe.
Step by Step
- Clean the chicken, dry it with kitchen paper, and cut it into bite-size pieces.
- Brown it on all sides in the paella with a little garlic and remove it.
- Add it again with the rice, peas, and broth when the sauce is done.
- If you want to enhance the chicken’s flavor, you can use chicken broth instead of the vegetable.
5. With Tofu
To make this recipe in the last minute plan, you can throw in a glass of pre-cooked rice and a bag of washed and sliced vegetables and mushrooms.
Step by Step
- Saute the veggies on one side.
- On the other, fry onion and, when it is golden brown, add some cubes of tofu and saute them together with a little soy sauce.
- Then, you have to mix everything in a bowl, and that’s it.
- The tofu, made from soya beans (a legume), is one of the classic cooking ingredients to replace meat and fish. Here are more recipes with tofu.
6. Rice With Vegetables and Prawns
Although it is not the most orthodox of all, the typical oriental three delights rice is rice with vegetables. Usually, it has peas, carrot, omelet, and prawns, or chicken. We have made this with peas, corn, and zucchini cubes, which also suit him very well, and some sauteed peeled prawns.
If you want it to be looser, you can make white rice, and then add the boiled or sauteed vegetables, the prawns or some cooked prawns, and a little soy sauce.
7. Eggplant Stuffed
Also, as it lasts well for several days, rice with vegetables is a dish that fits wonderfully whether you are looking for meals to take to work or to make several preparations if you opt for batch cooking (cook suddenly one day so as not to have to cook the rest of the week), and gives a lot of play in the so-called “safe food,” kitchen of use.
Good idea. For example, you can use rice with vegetables that you have leftover to make stuffed aubergines—more recipes with aubergines, here.
8. Rice Salad With Vegetables
And of course, it is the perfect base to make any rice salad.
How to do it. Put vegetable rice with a little tuna belly in a greased Flanera to give it shape. Then, turn it over and decorate with grated egg, sprouts, slices of radishes on top, and some lettuce on the plate. It is one of the easy and quick recipes when you don’t want to complicate your life.