Smoothies: Can you imagine mixing all the properties of fruit, seeds, or nuts with a healthy cold tea? Tea-made smoothies are loaded with antioxidants and are very light. Discover the five best recipes of “smoothes” and enjoy the summer afternoons.
Tea Shop experts, tea specialists, suggest the best combinations to prepare them at home and give us tips to make the result perfect.
1. Tips for Making a Smoothie With Cold Tea
- You can make tea the night before and leave it in the fridge. So you’ll have it ready when you’re going to make the smoothie.
- You can also make ice cubes with strong tea. This way, you will always have them at hand when you want to prepare a smoothie.
- Choose fresh or frozen fruit.
- Add creaminess with milk, yogurt, vegetable drink, or nuts.
- Sweeten to your liking with honey, agave syrup, or dried fruit.
- Give it your touch with spices or aromatic herbs.
2. Rooibos Smoothie With Orange, Vanilla, and Flaxseeds
- Ingredients: 2-3 g of Original Rooibos tea. 250 ml of water. Vanilla yogurt. Half. 5 ice cubes. 2 tablespoons fine oat flakes. 1 tablespoon flaxseed. 1 pinch nutmeg. 2 tablespoons honey or agave syrup.
- Preparation: Infuse 250 ml of water to 95o with tea for 5-6 minutes. Let cool. Place all ingredients in the blender glass and whisk well.
3. Black Tea Smoothie With Berries and Golden Apple
- Ingredients: 2-3 g of Black Tea from Assam. 250 ml of water. 100g (two handfuls) cranberries. 5 ice cubes. 1 teaspoon chia seeds. 1/4 golden apple. Half a banana. A few drops of lemon juice. 1 teaspoon honey or agave syrup.
- Preparation: Infuse 250 ml of water with tea for 4 minutes. Allow cooling. Whisk all ingredients well.
Healthy aim: Black tea is the most energetic. To add a plus of vitamin C to the smoothie add raspberries, and add 50 ml of vegetable milk to add a plus of vitamin C to the smoothie.
4. Black Tea Smoothie With Tropical Fruits and Chia Seeds
- Ingredients: 2-3 g of Ceylon black tea or Oolong tea. 250 ml of water. 5 ice cubes. Half a handle. A slice of pineapple. Half. A spoonful of chia seeds. A little bit of lime. A tablespoon of coconut oil. Two tablespoons of honey or agave syrup.
- Preparation: Infuse 250 ml of water to 90o with tea for 4 minutes. Let cool. Mix the ingredients in the blender and whisk well.
Healthy aim: You can add lime zest to give it a fresher touch. Chia is an excellent source of fiber – that’s why it’s so satiating – and antioxidants.
5. Green Tea Smoothie With Kiwi, Cucumber, and Ginger
- Ingredients: 2-3 g sencha green tea. 250 ml of water. 5 ice cubes. 1/4 cucumber. Half an apple. 1 kiwi. 1 piece of freshly grated ginger. A few drops of lemon juice. 2 teaspoons honey or agave syrup.
- Preparation: Infuse the water to 70o with the tea for 2 minutes. Leave to cool and whisk all ingredients.
Healthy aim: To aromatize it, you can add a mint leaf. Green tea is mainly antioxidant, diuretic, and helps eliminate toxins.
6. Red Tea Smoothie With Cocoa, Walnuts, and Cinnamon
- Ingredients: 2-3 g red tea Pu Erh. 250 ml of water. 5 ice cubes. 1/2 banana. 3 walnuts. 100 ml of vegetable milk. 1 teaspoon cinnamon. 1 teaspoon cocoa powder. 2 teaspoons honey or syrup agave.
- Preparation: Infuse 250 ml of water to 95o with tea for 4 minutes. Leave to cool and whisk all ingredients.
Healthy note: Red tea is low in theine and tannins, and is very digestive. Sprinkle dark chocolate zest with 75% cocoa on smoothie and add antioxidants to the smoothie.